Monday 25 January 2010

Moon and Assassin's Creed 2

I don't like making two posts in the same day, which is why I conveniently waited till after midnight to post about this film. I don't know if it counts as OCD or something but I feel it just looks a bit out of place when a post doesn't have the date above it. Even if it is OCD it can't be that bad considering tonight I'm going to be sharing my bed with this morning's breakfast curry. Regardless, I've had Moon hanging around for about a week now but due to lots of drinking/exciting football/generally not in the mood I've only just watched it. The more I waited the more I heard positively about it, which is rare for a supposed "Sci-Fi" film. But the setting has almost little impact upon the film in many ways. This isn't sci-fi it's lo-fi (HAHA!). Anyway, it's a film that leaves you with quite a lot of questions really, but surprisingly few about the plot. It's a thinker as they would say and in many ways it's quite unnerving to be questioning what it is to be human after watching a film who's second star is a talking computer. I've also excitedly read that the director (Duncan Jones or Zowie Bowie as he would never want to be called) wants to revisit the universe for future films which for once is an exciting prospect. I shall wait with baited breath for the next I imagine. To summarise, a lovely little gem of a film.

Also feel I should mention Assassin's Creed 2, which has surprised me by being really long. As a result I've lost interest in the story as a whole and just knowing enough to get on with the missions at hand. Probably splurged far too much time on it I think, even though I took a good four day break from playing it. Oh well, if I'm going to get any chance of playing Mass Effect 2 or Bioshock 2 before I run out of money to afford rentals anymore I'm going to have carry on splurging my time.

No comments:

Post a Comment