Monday 18 January 2010

Assassin's Creed 2, Dawn Of The Dead, 500 Days Of Summer and Fucking Portsmouth

So as I predicted just two days previously Assassin's Creed 2 has managed to dislodge Fahrenheit from my 360. I'm sure if the game had any realistic human emotion it would be prompting me to press X to cry. AC2 throws you right back into where you left off in the last game. You know proudly rubbing your hands together because you just got 100G or something for doing Eagle Vision on your bedroom wall. Feel sorry for the ones that didn't do it. If there's any. Is there any? Anyway, the disclaimer at the start says that the game was ruthlessly researched to be completely historically accurate. Which made it all the more cringe worthy when it only took three levels for someone to say "It's a me, Mario!". My face was firmly in my palm. But where the game fails in voice-acting (it does, massively, even the bizarre appearance of Danny Wallace is crap) it makes up for it in being fun. Although it's a little boring at first not being able to stab people, which is blatantly where the fun is to be had. The game eases you back in and chucks a few new bits at you as well. Thoroughly enjoying it thus far then and shall happily awake tomorrow afternoon (yes, afternoon) and continue my dagger plunging, historical learning.

A quick mention of Saturday night where new life was breathed into Romero classic Dawn Of The Dead through a rather harsh drinking game. When one of the rules is "drink every time you see a zombie die" you know you're in for a messy night. Good fun was had by all. Then went on to have a hilariously awkward movie session with a few friends watching 500 Days Of Summer today. Awkward because two of them are in a relationship which shares many parallels with the film. Suffice to say I was called a cunt before the end for choosing it. Worth it though. Oh, and cheers to Portsmouth for voiding my accumulator before anyone had even kicked-off. I would have lost anyway, but that's beside the point.

No comments:

Post a Comment