Friday 15 January 2010

Fahrenheit and A Bit Of Football

I can sympathise with the story in this game given that I barely remember buying it. It was one of those late night eBay bids that seemed like a good idea. I then completely forgot about it until I logged on to my barely used other e-mail address and found out that I'd won the auction and needed to pay for it. Which was nice. So it arrived today (was hoping that Assassin's Creed 2 would be with it, but alas it was not) and I gave it a little whirl. The story I reference at the start is that the game begins with you clearing up a murder you committed. But you don't know why you did it and from there on in the mystery begins. I say from there on in, I'm assuming the mystery begins as I'm not that far in. It's a bizarre little crumpet so far, which is like an adventure game with none of the leaping about and lots of quick time events, conversations and opening cupboards. I'm drawn in though, purely because there's not much else like it. Even now 5 years on from it's release. Apart from the DVD set up of the game which was royally ripped by the massively flawed Alone In The Dark reboot. Anyway, I'll see how I get on with it. Although I think Assassin's Creed 2 will push it on to the back burner.

I don't often chat about football which does belay the love I have for the sport. It certainly is worth mentioning the fantastic performance of Reading against Liverpool on Wednesday night. It was a proper FA Cup match, David v Goliath and Reading were the only ones who really turned up. Rafa is, rightly so, in a fair bit of trouble. Should he go? Yeah of course he should. Looking at the Liverpool team sheet these days is like looking at a team like Porto's. Loads of average European players who barely deserve to be in the team they're playing for let alone an international squad. You just can't see them turning it round either. Worrying to say the least. Finally, here's my accumulator for tomorrow. Wish me luck.

Chelsea
Man Utd
Birmingham
Tottenham
Blackpool
Ipswich
Nottm Forest
Leeds
Bournemouth
Celtic

No comments:

Post a Comment