Saturday 7 November 2009

Saw VI

It seems that every year we get a new Saw movie. Which surely begs the question, who is asking for this? The original was a clever little indie horror movie which was very enjoyable for both its gore and originality at the time. Now we're left with a stumbling behemoth of torn flesh, shit acting and a soap opera story line. I'll admit now that I have only seen the first two Saw movies (prior to this film) but my house mate assured me that I would have no trouble picking up what was going on. Now this should have set alarm bells going off in my head to begin with, you miss a weeks worth of Hollyoaks and someone's died, there's new characters and so-so is pregnant/miscarried/suddenly a child. But when it comes to missing four films? Surely they'll be somethings I need to know. Well there was, but the beauty of the Saw films is they spend the majority of the film explaining what had happened in previous films and then a small part pushing the "story" onwards. Of course I say story, I mean a barrel of shit cakes. As you can probably tell, I didn't enjoy it. Everything about this film is horrible, even the little bit of politicking against the American health care system couldn't appeal to the liberal in me. I won't be watching others its safe to say. I already feel depressed that I have in some way funded the inevitable seventh film.

No comments:

Post a Comment