Tuesday 10 November 2009

Modern Warfare 2 (2) & Them Crooked Vultures

So sleep does not come. Its a common problem for me. As soon as the lights are off and the night is silent I suddenly decide to take the time to send myself into a panic about everything and nothing. Its worse now when I have nothing to get up for, my sleeping patterns can get very bizarre very quickly when you only sleep when you're tired. Lucky for me tonight has brought me a 5am bounty of things to enjoy and ponder. I earlier wrote about the furore over the new Call Of Duty. It raised a lot of emotions in me, mostly about my dislike for the Daily Mail and the constant games bashing of middle England. But also the realisation that I really wish I had bought the game. Well fate was shining down on me tonight, seems unfortunate that luck only creeps towards me at this time of night though. A small trip to Sainsburys (virtually, our branch is closed for refurbishment) has shown that you can pick up the game for the insulting price of £26. That's more than half the RRP, on the day it comes out. I'm not really sure how I feel about it. Delighted that I got it for that price. Also the fuck you to Activision's frankly unfair £54.99 price-tag. Well actually pretty happy all round really. Its a shame that proper game retailers can't compete with that price but at least they can still deal in second hand games for their profit.

The other plunder preventing my late night slumber is the Them Crooked Vultures album which has leaked. By them. To Youtube. Is that a leak? Because the cat is most definitely out of the hat now. Anyway, I'm up to track six (Scumbag Blues) at this point and so far so good. At this rate it may creep into my inevitable top albums of the year list. I may actually get cracking with that soon, I can barely remember what's come out this year. Let alone what I've actually enjoyed. So a good head start will do me well.

No comments:

Post a Comment