Sunday 20 September 2009

Wanted

I quite enjoyed Nightwatch, over the top, ridiculous yet very entertaining. So the idea of this film seemed quite appealing to me. It even has Morgan Freeman in it. Doing pretty much exactly what he did in Lucky Number Slevin. Although that's no bad thing as that was also a great movie. Anyway, McAvoy is in it. His accent is pretty terrible. When he's shouting/whining he sounds kind of Scottish to me. I may just be adding that myself though, just to fuel my reasons for not liking him. Because I don't really. Not sure why, he just annoys me. When his mouth opens, my heart sinks. He's not really made a decent movie ever. This doesn't count. I also haven't seen The Last King Of Scotland. And according to his wiki that's pretty much half of his fims. The music is also terrible. Not sure if that's deliberate though. I like to think it is. Because if you watch the movie thinking "it's only doing this because it couldn't happen" it becomes quite enjoyable. It literally goes out of it's way to push the limits of acceptable ridiculousness. Like a clown fighting a bear in a suit, it teeters on the edge of being too much to imbue in one film. I am tempted to pick up the comic it's based on as well, seems alright. Although wikipedia did tell me the lead character is "drawn to look like Eminem". Which coincidently is what the Russian rat carrying guy looks like, just a more middle aged version. It is good fun, Jolie looks attractive (it's hit and miss with her), there's alot of slow-motion and the world is controlled by a fucking weaving machine. Good times.

On an unrelated note, watched episode two of Spiral. Things haven't picked up much really, something about deaf people came into it. Not much progress on the main story. I'm hoping it's not going to get bogged down in a hundred billion mini tales going on at once. I realised that keeping up with the subtitles is hard enough, I'm used to occasionally looking away or poking my leg or something while watching things but during this I realise I've missed half a scene and have no idea what's happened because I can't understand French. Still, I'll try and get my hands on episode three, as it's the only TV show I have on the go untill Dexter, 30 Rock and South Park return. That and Peep Show actually, first episode held back on the cringe but still tickles the insides. Six seasons and it's still worth watching, that's definitely a rare thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment