Sunday 20 September 2009

Dead Snow

Nazi zombies. Is there anything better? More stereotypically evil? Racist sharks? Dinosaur paedophiles? Who knows. The plot of Dead Snow is simple. There's some kids going to a cabin, there's Nazi zombies who want their gold. Kids find the gold. Zombies kick off. I'm a big fan of zombies personally so I'm very familiar with the formula. Although this spits in the face of zombie lore. For me this doesn't help though, logical thought and squad tactics are not something I think should be associated with the decaying shamblers. Making them run in 28 Days Later was change enough. Ignoring the aversion to zombie rules the film is pretty fun. Even if the director does have a bit of an obsession with Peter Jackson splatter fest Braindead, which is apparent in both the cheap gore and one of the character's t-shirts. The lawnmower finale in that tops any of the heroics in this film though. Also Smithy (of Gavin and Stacey fame) has a long lost brother who does have a very unlikely sexual encounter in an outside loo. This is more puzzling than anything else in the film. Is that how romance works in Norway? Is that a normal coupling? I get the feeling I'd do well there if so. So overall best stick to Call Of Duty for the Nazi zombies.

In game related tones placed my pre-order for ODST today. Only 48 hours before it's released. I doubt any game could sell out here in Cornwall but who can resist the opportunity to play as cigar chomping Sgt. Johnson. Swapgame have treated me to Chronicles Of Riddick this month as well, I'll post my thoughts when/if I finish it.

No comments:

Post a Comment