Tuesday 22 September 2009

Gaming Tuesday

Had about a month away from the 360 so came back quite excited about gaming. Especially as I thought Swapgame were going to send me Batman Arkham Asylum. But, alas, on my doorstep was Chronicles Of Riddick. I gave it a few spins, playing through the original Butcher Bay game. Quite enjoyable in fact, although doing mini missions in the prison was a chore. The game does give a good sense of tension, lingering in the shadows, doing a quick neck-break and then hiding in a corner palpitating as some massive robot juggernaut wanders around blindly calling your name. I haven't finished Butcher Bay, but I have a feeling I'm about three quarters of the way through. Still got the extra Dark Athena game to go through yet but so far it's a good laugh. I'll make sure I take my time over it.

Apart from that I've squeezed in a few rounds of Left 4 Dead, still as great fun as when I first picked it up. Which was around 9 months ago I think? Crazy. Fair bit of Fifa 09 as well, although I rarely dabble online in that. My concentration can never last the full 90 minutes and I'll roll the ball out to their oncoming striker gifting victory. I prefer just playing alone, at least the AI isn't as wise to these mistakes. Picked up ODST at midnight launch as well. Got my Sgt. Johnson character pre-order and all. Haven't had much time with it but gave Firefight a roll with my brother and I was suitably impressed. Although no matchmaking for it? Seems a missed opportunity. The single player is good too, great soundtrack so far. Very eerie. Probably finish it up before next week and get a full idea of it but so far I'm impressed. Although I feel a little bit short-changed for £34.99. Maybe a little gift for those of us who had already splashed out on the Mythic map pack? Na, its Microsoft isn't it.

No comments:

Post a Comment