Tuesday 16 February 2010

Moustache Effect 2 & Being Human

Nothing is more threatening than a well trimmed moustache. Why do you think so many people signed up to fight in World War 1? Because of Lord Kitchener's empowering top lip duster that's why. I however cannot grow anything resembling that level of bushy magnitude. I haven't shaved for a week now and I look like an orphan who's escaped from an abandoned carpet factory. This is the last time I try to grow a beard, it'll have to be. Anyway, I started playing Mass Effect 2 tonight on my bro's 360. Don't have my hard drive so I couldn't import the weird freaky Shepard from my original so I had to make a new one. Couldn't resist going for a John Water's moustache. Makes me laugh every time I see him now and if the game had any kind of realism it would cause all negotiations and firefights to break down the minute that wispy puff of hair is in the line of sight. Apart from facial hair antics the game so far is a great improvement on the original with combat, the galaxy map and even potential lays in your crew all bolstered up. Even the ship's doctor seemed rather taken with my mustachioed Shepard. Lots of the game to go though and still need to give the apparently improved side missions a blast. That poor old Mako.

Started my Being Human catch-up as well. Still an enjoyable yarn really, I'm even starting to quite enjoy the almost questionable acting in some of the supporting cast. Although, it is guilty of shoe-horning in Twitter for apparently no fucking reason which is top of the list of annoying things in TV shows right now. Easily the best thing BBC Three have put out for a long while still, been a fair amount of time since those first two seasons of The Mighty Boosh. Even longer since Monkey Dust. Good ol' Monkey Dust, what a show that was. If only the BBC did an archive on the iPlayer like 4OD. Food for thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment