Monday 28 December 2009

Various Titbits #6

So, Christmas. Was fun wasn't it? Feel like I've eaten enough shit to defecate around a metric ton. Also had a bizarre red wine hangover that has constantly crept up on me all day like a fuzzy ninja pain blanket. If such a thing is possible. Been a good one though, my quizzing prowess has been (frankly) outstanding and my gullet has been well and truly pleasured. Mainly received the gift of money this year which heart-breakingly is going to go towards rent and bills. Although I did splurge out the full £39.99 on Left 4 Dead 2 which I've been plunked in front of for most of today. It's a painful thing because it certainly warrants the full game status it has in comparison to say ODST but it still is a little growth. Melee weapons are great fun, the new special infected add more to Versus mode and the tweaks on the level designs are brilliant. But the game is still pretty much the same. Hopefully we'll get some old school Valve drip feeds of free content for this one. Although knowing Microsoft I'll get my credit card out.

Christmas of course means one thing I haven't already mentioned and that is shit movies. Not seen an awful lot to be honest. Not sure how, usually some turd gravy like Over The Hedge would have me happily transfixed for a couple of hours like a simpleton toddler. But this year I couldn't do it. Not even the hilarious dubbing in the Neverending Story held my attention for more than half an hour. Although for what that film is half an hour is probably much longer than I should have been watching it for. Anyway, did watch the third in the Pirates Of The Caribbean series. First thing I should say is that I haven't seen the first two. Didn't really hurt though, I'm pretty sure it would have made as little sense if I had anyway. It was like watching a swash buckling equivalent of Transformers. Made no sense at all and just packed full of CGI and nonsensical shots. Johnny Depp was good though. So there's your silver lining. Anyway, watching the BBC's take on Day Of The Triffids later (or playing some Live depending on what my mate is doing) so will have at least one more thing to enjoy this festive period.

No comments:

Post a Comment