Thursday 4 March 2010

The Typing Of The Dead, Modern Warfare 2, England v Egypt

I fulfilled my teenage dream tonight of owning The Typing Of The Dead. As soon as I heard about this game I knew I wanted, no, needed it. The premise is simple, it's House Of The Dead 2. Only our favourite agents are now equipped with keyboards and over sized back-pack Dreamcasts. You then type increasingly bizarre phrases at the oncoming horde. I don't want to spoil the sentences, but they are fantastic. "Suffer like G did" will seem like the pinnacle of dialogue after you've been forced to type some of the rather more obscure ends of the game's dictionary. The most surprising thing though is that the game is amazingly fun. If it wasn't so late when I started playing I would have been hooting and howling over this gem. Find it, hunt it down and whip out your keyboard because this game is surely a forgotten classic. I guarantee you'll smile merely at the opening "The Typing....Of The Dead" voice over.

In face shooting related topics I've continued on my Veteran difficulty play-through of Modern Warfare 2. Just finished the Gulag level and I must say that it's not been too bad this time. Bar some frustration on the Favela level and a lot of frustration the smoke bit of the oil rig level it's been smooth sailing. Shall pick up again tomorrow from the first level in destroyed Washington (the name escapes me). Could do with the G boost really as well as I'm in a race for the month of March. That and the one with my friend is still happening (I'm just over 30,00. He's just over 7,000). The lack of any news from Swapgame is also worrying, that was going to be my ace in the hole. When it's been a week then I'll start to panic.

Finally another England game another satisfying win. A poor first half performance led to a solid second half display. Personally I think maybe dropping Lampard from the first team might be the way forward, Carrick's passing is top notch and can really bring something to the game in mid-field when you've got the likes of Rooney and Gerrard in front of him. Crouch also scored again, I don't think anyone knows how he does it, he just does. He's got a scoring record better than John Terry away from home. Ah, better late than never with that one.

No comments:

Post a Comment