Tuesday 9 March 2010

Beta Late Than Never

So in a veritable smorgasbord of exciting things that have happened to me in the last few days a couple happened within 5 minutes of each other. A tale of two betas really. Unfortunately by the time I'd downloaded and installed the beta for Fifa Online the server had closed for the night so I got involved on the Blur beta on the 360. The best description is Burnout Kart really, it robs violently from both games. Although the developer has pedigree in the genre (Metropolis Street Racer, Project Gotham Racing) a lot of the things from those games seem to have gone out the window. Everything is at breakneck speed in a 70's neo glow in this one. It's good fun with depth in a variety of cars and maps that you can tweak with although I've not ploughed the time in yet to see them. Split/Second still looks more exciting though to be honest and I have Burnout Paradise winging it's way to me so I'll see if I have the inclination to go back.

Fifa Online for me is a mixed bag. My laptop lurches forward loading it with teary pixels streaming down it's graphically gurning face. It works quite well setting your team up and choosing myself as a grey fox of the managerial world but as soon as I tried a friendly against Spurs it jittered around like a man having a fit on a Segway. After toning down the graphics to the lowest possible setting it was slightly less jittery although still was very jumpy in mid-field. I found it hard to adjust to as the gameplay had more in common with the Wii PES iterations (which I have also not played). Looks to be fun though but unless I somehow acquire a new computer I doubt I'll be getting the full joy of it.

Finally I got my first few listens of the new Gorillaz album Plastic Beach on Spotify. Really enjoyed it, hard to name a group that sounds so eclectic throughout a record. Sweepstakes is one of the best songs I've heard all year and is a pretty good example of the collision of genres you get with a Gorillaz album. Hoping my Russian site of choice will have it up soon as I really will kill someone if I have to hear that pissing Burger King advert again. Sorry "king" Burger King advert. Cunts.

No comments:

Post a Comment