Tuesday 21 December 2010

Music 2010

As ever I started the year trying to listen to as many albums as possible and ended it with 100's of plays of the same ones. Number one was hands down this year though and I won't hear anything else otherwise.

Top 10 Albums

1) Flying Lotus - Cosmogramma
2) The National - High Violet
3) Frightened Rabbit - The Winter Of Mixed Drinks
4) Four Tet - There Is Love In You
5) Kanye West - My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy
6) LCD Soundsystem - This Is Happening
7) Gold Panda - Lucky Shiner
8) Caribou - Swim
9) Foals - Total Life Forever
10) Warpaint - The Fool

Honourable Mentions

Laura Marling - I Speak Because I Can
Broken Social Scene - Forgiveness Rock Record
Arcade Fire - The Suburbs
Hot Chip - One Life Stand
Gorillaz - Plastic Beach

A Few Disappointments

M.I.A - MAYA
Klaxons - Surfing The Void
Kate Nash - My Best Friend Is You
Vampire Weekend - Contra
Zola Jesus - Stridulum II

Top 10 Tracks

1) Flying Lotus - Do The Astral Plane
2) Frightened Rabbit - The Loneliness And The Scream
3) The National - Terrible Love
4) Gold Panda - You (Album Closer)
5) Flying Lotus - Kill Your Co-Workers
6) Hans Zimmer - Dream Is Collapsing
7) M.I.A - Born Free
8) Daft Punk - Derezzed
9) The Gaslamp Killer - Carpool Dummy
10) Foals - This Orient

No comments:

Post a Comment