Tuesday 27 April 2010

Work, Work, Work

Awwww. Still, he's not that cute to me right now as I puzzle in my mind how to shit out a conservation plan for the little bastard. Or something like that, I barely understand what I'm meant to be doing really. Oh well, I'll pull something gleaming from my currently blocked creative sphincter most likely. Well hopefully. While I've toiled in front of various facts and figures of this tiny rodent I've managed to procrastinate to a degree even beyond my usual standards. Three loads of washing, three trips to town and even a quick game of Left Dead 2 (read 2 hour slog through Dead Centre with much cursing and frustration thanks to being pole-axed by a tank on at least 4 occasions). Been some bonuses though, apart from finally buying that cursed aux cable to reconnect my speakers. Watched Bunny and The Bull which is a feature film by Paul King who is most famed for directing The Mighty Boosh. While the Boosh became crushed under it's own popularity and Noel Fielding's penchant for things that are shiny or Class A's this film came out under a cloud of nonchalance and disinterest. Well it did for me anyway. Watching it I can see why it didn't set the world alight, mainly thanks to the great credit it clearly owes Gondry for a lot of the DIY aesthetic of the film. It's a grower though; takes a while for the film to seep into you and for the first 45 minutes it's quite tempting to switch off. But it's worth staying with, at least for the two Boosh cameos which are probably one of the highlights of the film. So basically if you loved the style of Science Of Sleep you'll probably like this. Or won't because it rips it off. Whatever, that's all I've got. Anyway, dormice.

No comments:

Post a Comment